5 Things About This Week: School Starts, Vine and Dine, Pizza and Pages
Here's what's coming up in Bloomfield in the week ahead.
- School's In!: The sweltering summer is behind us, and it's time to look ahead to fall. No better way than to mark it with the start of a new school year. While many Bloomfield-area private schools already started classes, the Bloomfield Hills Schools open Tuesday, and begin a special year for Andover and Lahser high schools, which will be merged as Bloomfield Hills High School by this time in 2013.
- Vine and Dine Wednesday: The Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber hosts the 9th annual Vine and Dine beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center. Come for the local food and wine, while a portion of the proceeds will benefit Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan.
- Pizza & Pages Thursday: Pizza & Pages, the teen book club at Baldwin Public Library, will be meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday to discuss Matched by Ally Condie. Teens get free pizza while the first 15 teens to register receive a free copy of Matched.
- Annual exhibition of Birmingham Society of Women Painters Friday: The Birmingham Society of Women Painters will host their annual exhibition beginning at 6 p.m. this Friday at the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center. Entrance to the art center is free.
- Public Safety Open House: After a two-year hiatus, the family-friendly open house at the Bloomfield Hills Department of Public Safety is back from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8. Tours of the facility and interactive demonstrations are planned.