Bloomfield Artists Set Up Shop for Art Birmingham
Celebrating its 31st year, Art Birmingham will invade the streets around Shain Park this weekend.
One of the area's two large, annual art shows comes to Birmingham this Memorial Day weekend: the 31st annual Art Birmingham, sponsored by the Guild of Artists and Artisans and the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center.
After having to shut down early last year due to heavy rains, Art Birmingham will be returning to its central spot in and around Shain Park this year, with more than 175 local and national artists participating in the two-day fair.
Will you be heading downtown to check out and perhaps pick up a new piece of art? Here's what you need to know before you go:
- When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Shain Park and the surrounding streets
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Street parking is available for $1 an hour. Parking in the city's garages is free for the first two hours, then $1 an hour after that. Parking — both in the garages and on the street — is free on Sundays.
- Street closures: The streets surrounding Shain Park — including Martin Street, Bates Street and Henrietta Street — will be closed until Sunday evening.
- More information: Visit www.theguild.org/art-fairs/art-birmingham or www.facebook.com/ArtBirminghamFineArtFair.
More than 175 artists from Michigan and around the country will have their artwork on display at Art Birmingham. Here's a look at some the artists from Oakland County and where you can find them at the fair:
|Carole Berhorst||Bloomfield Hills||Clay||61|
|Veronika Braskavsky||Bloomfield Township||Fiber||137|
|Lucia Lucas||Bloomfield Township||Mixed Media||112|
|Julia McGrath||West Bloomfield||Painting||32|
|Marcia Hovland||Royal Oak||Clay||70|
|Gretchen Kramp||Royal Oak||Clay||116|
|Paddy Skwira||Royal Oak||Clay||176|
|Sooney Kadouh||Royal Oak||Photography||162|
|Tim Gralewski||Royal Oak||Printmaking||25|
|Maria Olivia Tyra||Clawson||Drawing||5|
|Dave Dinsdale||Rochester Hills||Photography||156|
|James Parker||Rochester Hills||Photography||105|
|Bob Daily||Rochester Hills||Wood||177|
|Michele Sapp||Farmington Hills||Fiber||101|
|Carmen Kennedy||White Lake||Glass||
|Phil Dimmer||White Lake||Painting||
|John Krieger||White Lake||Painting||
|Charlotte Lodico||Oakland Township||Jewelry||24|
For a complete list of the artists at Art Birmingham, visit the Guild of Artists and Artisans.