Buy Books at the Bloomfield, Baldwin Libraries
Both the Friends of the Bloomfield Township and Baldwin public libraries host book sales this weekend.
Looking for something to do this weekend? How about curling up with a good book, or two, or more? Both libraries that serve Bloomfield area residents will offer book sales this weekend. Here's more details:
- When: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday; noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Bloomfield Township Public Library
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: The Bloomfield Township Public Library continues its monthly Second Saturday book and media sale tradition this weekend. The regular selection of adult books will be on sale all throughout the day, but remember, only Friends of the Bloomfield Township Public Library are allowed into the sale during the first hour. Sunday is bag day! Sale hours are 12-4:30p.m. Fill up a bag for only $5!
- When: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday; Noon-4 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Baldwin Public Library (in the basement)
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: The Friends of the Baldwin Public Library will host their biannual book sale this weekend, with more than 10,000 books, CDs, DVDs and video games up for sale. Everything is half off Sunday while the sale continues into Monday, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., for bag day. All proceeds go to the Friends, which funds special events for the library all year round.
Editor's Note: In November, Bloomfield Hills residents narrowly passed a a 0.39-mill levy to fund a three-year contract with the Baldwin Public Library, giving them a library to call their own after several years and two previous millage attempts.