Snow, Snow and More Snow in the Forecast This Week
The snow plows have already been out Monday morning around Bloomfield and Metro Detroit.
A "clipper" — known in weather circles as a fast-moving low pressure system out of Canada — will bring at least an inch of snow to Bloomfield and Bloomfield Hills on Monday.
The snow will continue through Tuesday, when up to 2 additional inches are possible, according to the National Weather Service.
Here's the forecast, day-by-day, for the Oakland County area:
- Monday: Snow throughout the day with a light wind. High of 24 degrees; low of 9.
- Tuesday: More snow in the forecast: 1 to 2 inches are possible. High of 25 degrees; low of 17.
- Wednesday: The sun returns. High of 28 degrees; low of 17.
- Thursday: A chance of more snow. High of 33 degrees; low of 26.
- Friday: Partly sunny. High of 32 degrees; low of 16.
So, if you haven't already, this may be the week to stop by Boyne Country Sports and get the latest gear you need to hit the slopes. Or, if being indoors is more your speed, there's always a first-rate feature film and warm drinks available at the new Maple Theater.