Vera Muzzillo, #8: 'Sense of Community' Makes Brother Rice Special
Muzzillo's son, Brian, is a senior, captain wide receiver on the Brother Rice varsity football team.
Brother Rice High School students and alumni love the school, and the football parents love and support their Warriors. While the team played on the field, Patch went into the stands to tell the stories of the parents who help make everything possible.
Name: Vera Muzzillo
Connection: Son Brian Roney, #8, is a senior, captain wide receiver.
Favorite moment from the season: "It would be a toss-up between this game and beating Harrison. Very exciting!"
What makes Brother Rice special? "It's a combination of the sense of community, the sense of brotherhood, how the boys look out for each other, and the faculty, the administration, the community, all looking out for each other. It's all very important."
Check out other Warriors in the Crowd:
- Alberto Sandoval, #94: 'It's the Whole Thing'
- Brian Roney, #8: Team is a 'Band of Brothers'
- Michelle Forster Armstrong, #80: 'It Takes a Community to Raise a Child'
- Beverly Boerkel: 'We've Always Been Connected' with Warriors
- Jim Skylis, #49: Warriors 'Play Together, as a Team'
- Paul Forster, #80: 'It's a Very Disciplined Group of Boys'
- Ken Carlson, #93: 'History Repeating' for Football Family
- Jimmy and Kerrie Rabben, #20: Warriors Team Loves Each Other
To read more about these dedicated parents, check out the Warriors in the Crowd Page on Patch.