The Lahser Lady Knights were not the only talent on display at Lahser High School Thursday night. Dozens of students took the stage as the Lahser Theatre presented 'The Wiz'.
Due to consolidation with Andover to the new Bloomfield Hills High School in 2013, this will be the students' final winter musical. The show, directed by Tina Greenlee — in her 34th year with the program, is a modern look at The Wizard of Oz in an urban setting. The audience will follow Dorothy as she embarks on her journey through Oz with her friends Scrarecrow, Tinman and the Lion. The show also includes 20 elementary and middle school students as the munchkins, and a trusted dog.
Performing leads are:
- Michael Banerian - (Lion), Senior
- Michaela Jennings - (Dorothy) Senior
- Woobnz Deriveau - (The Wiz) Senior
- Josh Alexander - (Scarecrow) Junior
- Marcus Rottenberk - (Tinman) Junior
- Producer - Meredith Riggan
- Vocal Music Director - Jessica Freeze
- Orchestra Director - Hester Hasheian
- Choreographer - Denise Caston
If you go:
Showtimes: Friday, Saturday at 7 p.m.
Cost: $15 for adults, $10 for students with ID, $13 for groups of 10 or more, and $10 for seniors 65 and older. Visit www.etix.com and type Lahser in the the venue search.
Were you at opening night? Share your impressions in the comments section, and add your photos to the gallery above by clicking the 'Upload Photo' button.