C.H.A.D.D. (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder) is a non-profit support and advocacy organization formed to better the lives of individuals with attention deficit disorders and those who care for them.
Every month there are two meetings at the same time in separate rooms:
1. Parent Support Group - for parents of children and teens with AD/HD
2. Adult Support Group - for adults with AD/HD
Meetings are held at Way Elementary School on Long Lake just East of Telegraph.
So why should you consider attending? My opinion follows:
First, if you or someone in your family has AD/HD, the answer is easy. I have observed experts deliver outstanding presentations and provide excellent support for participants who have questions. This learning opportunity is too easy to ignore.
Second, if you are in the education field as a teacher, counselor, or administrator you may find this beneficial to your professional development. At least one teacher and one counselor are regulars at these meetings.
Finally, if you are a parent who somehow can dedicate an hour or two to these monthly meetings, you may find these meetings helpful even if you are not dealing with AD/HD issues.
The topics for this month's meeting on Monday, February 4 are as follows:
Parent Group: Adrea Unitis, M.P.H. Founder, Child Success Network. The Missing Link: Integrate Neuroeducation Strategies for Improved Care and Student Success.
Adult Group: Joel Young, M.D. Director, Rochester Center for Behavioral Medicine. Personality Disorders and AD/HD.
An outline of Dr. Young’s presentation follows:
- Diagnosing Mental Health Disorders
- About Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- AD/HD and Personality Disorders: Comorbidity Statistics
- AD/HD and Personality Patterns in Childhood and Adolescence
- The Relationship between AD/HD and Personality Disorders
- Case Studies: Cindy and Todd
- The Positive Side of AD/HD
Groups meet MONDAY NIGHTS, 7:30-9:00 PM. Registration opens at 7:00 PM
- All meetings free to CHADD members, $5 donation non-members.
- If the Bloomfield Hills Schools are cancelled due to increment weather or other conditions, our phone line will indicate when meetings have to be cancelled.
CHADD of Eastern Oakland County P.O. Box 1071, Birmingham, MI 48012. Phone: 248-988-6716 Website: www.chadd.net/527