- School's In!: The sweltering summer is behind us, and it's time to look ahead to fall. No better way than to mark it with the start of a new school year. While many Bloomfield-area private schools already started classes, the Bloomfield Hills Schools open Tuesday, and begin a special year for Andover and Lahser high schools, which will be merged as Bloomfield Hills High School by this time in 2013.
- : The hosts the beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the . Come for the local food and wine, while a portion of the proceeds will benefit Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan.
- : Pizza & Pages, the teen book club at , will be meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday to discuss Matched by Ally Condie. Teens get free pizza while the first 15 teens to register receive a free copy of Matched.
- : The Birmingham Society of Women Painters will host their annual exhibition beginning at 6 p.m. this Friday at the . Entrance to the art center is free.
- : After a two-year hiatus, the family-friendly open house at the Bloomfield Hills Department of Public Safety is back from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8. Tours of the facility and interactive demonstrations are planned.