This is the first installment in a miniseries about how Bloomfield-area sports shops are stepping up their games with unique and creative offers this holiday season.
Counting Down the Days
Need the perfect gift for the athletically gifted teen, crazed fan or dedicated weekend warrior? You should be able to find it during the next dozen or so days at the Bloomfield Sports Shop. For the first time, the shop will offer daily specials on the top brands in sports equipment and the latest innovations in physical training during the dozen days leading up to Christmas.
The "12 Days of Holiday Cheer" event begins Tuesday and will offer daily deals designed to feature a sport or a popular piece of equipment. By the end of the week, the store will present its full range of athletic gear, team paraphernalia and services at deep discounts.
"We're trying something new to highlight what's here every day, but just doing it on a different day leading up to Christmas," said Jennifer Robbins, Sports Shop marketing director.
The sales event kicks off at 10 a.m. with 20 percent off everything lacrosse-related at the Bloomfield and Pontiac locations (inside the Ultimate Soccer Arena at 867 South Blvd.) Patrons are also invited to shop online at the shop's website.
Scheduled sales leading up to Christmas are as follows:
- Wednesday: 20 percent off everything baseball
- Thursday: 20 percent off all clothing
- Friday: 20 percent off all swimming gear
- Saturday: Free one-month boot camp training at Detroit Muscle with $100 purchase.
- Sunday: 20 percent off all shoes
- Dec. 19: Free baseball or softball with every glove purchase
- Dec. 20: 10 percent off anything in the store
- Dec. 21: Lacrosse head stringing with purchase of string kit
- Dec. 22: $20 gift card with a $75 purchase
- Dec. 23: Free swim goggles with purchase of two goggles
- Dec. 24: Free one-month boot camp training at Detroit Muscle with $100 purchase.
Check back Wednesday to learn which Bloomfield Hills business will participate in a nationwide effort to offer free shipping by Christmas Eve to online shoppers.