After weeks of anticipation, the will unveil the new Bloomfield Hills High School logo Monday in a ceremony that will include students from every building, K-10th grade.
Andover and Lahser high schools are merging for the fall of 2013, and students will be known as Black Hawks, after a bird of prey. Monday's logo choice, to be unveiled at 10:30 a.m., will reflect a student vote for a new identity among three finalists submitted from the general community. They are attached to this story.
Students between the 5th and 10th grades voted after a mascot adjudication committee, which was supervised by art departments at the current high schools, evaluated all the . Some administrators have known the results for weeks, but have not spoiled the district's plans for a special announcement by giving any hints.
Students on Monday are expected to wear a variety of Bloomfield Black Hawk gear and WBHF the BIFF will provide music and entertainment, according to a news release. The event is open only to media, but students, staff and district residents can participate in a number of ways.
- For online audiences, go to: https://bloomfield.webex.com/bloomfield/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=666576717
- The event will be made available on demand via BHSTV at http://bhstv.bloomfield.org, and streamed live at http://bhstv.bloomfield.org/682.
- Television viewers can catch it broadcast on Comcast channels 16 and 902 in Bloomfield Township, Bloomfield Hills, Birmingham, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, and Franklin.
- The event will be broadcast on Comcast channels 7 and 903 in West Bloomfield Township- Keego Harbor, Orchard Lake, Sylvan Lake.
- The event will also be recorded and posted on the district's website and Facebook sites.
The district s that included students from several grades that were involved in the process.
Visit Bloomfield Patch's High School Consolidation Topic Page for more coverage of the high school merger and the associated May 8 ballot proposal.